Unique Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas
Now that you're engaged, it's your turn to propose--to your sisters, cousins, or girlfriends, that is! Ask your girls to stand by your side on the most important day of your life with one of our unique bridesmaid proposal ideas. Bridesmaid proposals have been gaining popularity over the last couple of years and the trend is still going on in 2019. From subtle and simple proposals to the most extreme, over the top ways to ask "will you be my bridesmaid?" - we're ranking our favorite ideas below!
1. Balloons - This is an inexpensive and easy proposal idea! You can purchase cheap balloons from the dollar store and fill them with confetti, glitter, or even candy, along with your question written on a piece of paper. You'll literally POP the question--they'll have to pop the balloons to see the message inside! Our bridesmaid balloon cards shown above are also a great idea--no confetti or glitter required.
2. Wine - Bottles of wine are popular bridesmaid proposal ideas--if you browse Pinterest, you'll find them with personalized labels so you can ask your bridesmaids by handing them their favorite bottle of vino! Our personalized wine glasses are engraved with the question, and we'll add their name and the date free of charge, too!
3. Candles - We can't keep our bridesmaid candle on the shelves! This mason jar candles is 100% soy wax and has a lovely scent featuring a blend of citrus and floral. The top of the lid has a stunning floral design label that says 'Will You Be My Bridesmaid?' and we'll also personalize the side with her initial in a gorgeous script and stunning gold foil!
4. Cards - A simple card will do, but our bridesmaid scratch off cards are so much more fun! These are great on their own, but are also perfect if you add it to a gift box or bag full of goodies for her bridesmaid gifts. This pack of eight cards has a bunch of different styles and includes envelopes, too!
5. Jewelry - A piece of jewelry is always a great gift idea, and our selection of bridesmaid jewelry are some of our most popular gifts. Our Tie the Knot bracelet above is ready for gift giving with a matching bridesmaid box! Available in silver or gold. Oh, and we've got matching earrings too!
Remember that you don't have to buy items that ask the question for you--you can create stunning bridesmaid proposal gifts with a little bit of imagination, creativity, and work. Create amazing gift sets by filling a bag or a box with their favorite items--maybe a pair of sunglasses she's been eyeing, or her favorite bottle of wine. Here are some more clever ideas:
- Hair ties (help me tie the knot! OR to have and to hold your hair back)
- Edible bridesmaid gifts (cookies, or even a cake with frosting that asks 'will you be my bridesmaid')
- Pinata, confetti poppers, balloons filled with confetti (to 'pop' the question)
- Champagne (pop the bubbly, I'm getting a hubby!)
- Shot glasses (take a shot, I'm tying the knot!)
- Bath bombs or fizzies (you're the bomb!)
Have any other ideas? Tell us how you pulled off your bridesmaid proposal in the comments!
- Kelsey Bowen